Friday, April 3, 2009

Someone from GM paid us a visit.

I was doing my habitual blog visitor analytics today and I noticed that someone from General Motors Corporation had visited Legally Irreverent. I've posted the screenshot below, click to enlarge.



I have dissed GM on multiple occasions. See The Chevy Volt is Dumb. The Chevy HHR is dumb. And GM spokesperson, Glenn Beck is a moron.

But I've never expected someone from GM to actually visit Legally Irreverent. Now... there can be multiple interpretations of this visit.

        1. GM employees are surfing on the job.

        2. GM is researching the public's opinion.

        3. GM is checking out how Google is advertising GM.

Which is more plausible? You decide!

Check out the screenshot below.



GM, which is currently burning cash and will probably need to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection (unless the US tax payers throw them a lifeline), is advertising on Google AdSense. I sure hope Google is making GM pay cash for its advertising, because it may not be able to collect on advertising already rendered in a few months.

Because AdSense is a client of this blog - I guess that indirectly makes me a spokesperson for General Motors.

Unlike Glenn Beck - I don't have blind faith in the people or ideas behind General Motors. So as a honest spokesperson - let me reiterate.

The Chevy Volt is DUMB! And the HHR is ATROCIOUS! If you want to support GM and want a good solid vehicle, buy a Pontiac Vibe. It is the most reliable and fuel efficient vehicle sold by GM in North America.

The Vibe is really a Toyota Matrix. The Vibe is assembled in Freemont, California by unionized workers at the New United Motor Manufacturing, Inc. (NUMMI), which is a joint-venture between Toyota and GM. In my opinion, NUMMI is proof that the American worker is not to blame for GM's problems.

If someone from GM is reading this - hello! Keep paying for advertising on Google AdSense!

No comments: