Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Worst 5 films I've been unfortunate enough to see - Part 2.

4. Batman & Robin [1997].

This film was so bad the only things I could remember without referring to Wikipedia were the rubber nipple suit and Mr. Freeze (Arnold Schwarzeneger). After I read the Wikipedia plot summary, I could still barely remember what that stupid film was about.

So George Cloony (Bruce Wayne-Batman) would rather hang out with Christopher O'Donnell (Robin) instead of Elle MacPherson (Bruce Wayne's girlfriend). They act like brothers, but sorta have some sort of repressed sexual tension, and then get mad at each other over Poison Ivy (Uma Thurman). I couldn't figure out if they were jealous of each other, or Poison Ivy. But in any case - they eventually resolve their dispute and get back together as Batman & Robin.

Speaking of Poison Ivy - she was a botanist gone mad to become a sort of a polar opposite of a vegan. Like a crazy animal hater who wanted plants to take over the world. What was that about? How did she eat and survive?

The Governor of California wanted to freeze everybody because his wife has some strange disease so he froze her. I guess he was a misunderstood villain who really wanted to just show the world his love.

I don't have much more to say. This was a horrible movie. It was so bad I couldn't really apply myself to summarizing it through Marxist lenses or attempt to find humor in it. Schwarzeneger's political opponents should just distribute free copies of this film before the next election - the mere fact Schwarzeneger took on this film shows bad judgment.

No comments: