Thursday, March 5, 2009

All Beginnings Are Hard...

I'm starting this blog because I've accepted the possibility that I will probably remain unemployed for the remainder of this semester. Therefore I shall dedicate my creative talents to uh... the amusement of other similarly unoccupied law students (if you're surfing at work - that's ok too).

In order to put off making difficult decisions (and also to parse off any potential backlash to the anonymous readers), I will force the decisions upon you. Look to your right, and you see the first poll (many to follow - I promise) under which I will dump the grave responsibility of determining where this blog is headed.

For those of you who are hesitant and shy from this responsibility - let me remind you that you could pad your resume with the following line:

Legally Irreverent
        • Editorial Board Member (with voting rights!), March 2009-present.


In addition, the more people you get to visit this blog, the more renown Legally Irreverent will accumulate - making your padded resume increasingly marketable. Essentially - visiting this blog and getting others to visit this blog is sort of like a stock option. If everything goes according to plan, by 2012, your padded resume will have enabled you to run for Governor or the US Senate (probably in a state where the law is not revered), and you will have the full support of this unaffiliated neutral blog (I'm taking on TPM & POLITCO - my layout is already better than Drudge Report, which I will not link to).

Oh! If you are still unpersuaded to participate - I will also, from time to time, post my personal secret recipes, talk about some car stuff, video games, and whatever that comes to mind (you will notice that I am covering my intended demographics with the precision of a sledgehammer).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for the personal recipes - so far I only have one for the dumplings and I haven't quite mastered the folding technique.

kobryon said...

Looking forward to your posts!

Jessica said...

I'm surprised and delighted to have been so inspirational! I scoped out the competition and you layout is way better. They are going for the sensory-overload style.

I like all of the voting I can do on your blog... And I'm looking forward to more voting and the personal secret recipes!