Sunday, March 29, 2009

The White House has a Blog?!?!

So I was surfing the White House website, and lookie here - there is an official White House "blog." I got all psyched (not really) - but I clicked thinking it was going to be some sort of personal journal by the press secretary's underling's peon's bondsman. It turned out to be essentially a reverse-chronologically ordered listing of press releases.

Puzzled but curious at what exactly is a blog, I went to the trustworthy Merriam-Webster online dictionary.

According to Merriam-Webster.
        Main Entry:
                blog
        Pronunciation:
                \ˈblȯg, ˈbläg\
        Function:
                noun
        Etymology:
                short for Weblog
        Date:
                1999
                : a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer ; also : the contents of such a site.



I don't get how "The Blog" as it is called is really a blog. But in any case, I want that job. It appears to entail only rewriting the White House Press Releases and vaguely summarizing some of the President's functions on any particular day and writing two or three posts a day. What a lame blog. I have awesome recipes, silly random musings, really really bad film reviews and outrageous automotive commentary.

Give me some access to the White House and I will blog about how the President likes his tea, how many paces is it from the Oval Office to the Blue Room, and any other random things and otherwise inconsequential trivia that will make the youth vote feel "connected" to the President of the United States.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one? Thanks a lot!