Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Japanese style milk bread.

I like Japanese/East Asian adaptions of "western" bread.

I found this recipe written by this Germanic-Chinese lady called Angie. Angie, being non-American, wrote her recipe in the awesome & rational & superior in every way (unless you're American) metric system.

Because all the ingredients are measured by weight, the recipe is idiot proof and simple even for a non-baker like me.

Here are the results.


Kneaded.


Divided, Risen, and Arranged.

Baked! Yum.

2 comments:

Geoff !?! said...

Every time I eat Japanes style milk bread, it reminds me of painful cultural collective memories of the unpleasant Imperial Japanese atrocities. ;-)

Dave S. said...

I too am haunted by terrible memories due to breads such as this. They are, however, mostly of breaded ham and over-mayoed egg salad sandwiches from Japanese convenience stores.