Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Recipe on Demand: Pork Katsu.

I wish I had a great pork katsu recipe, but all I essentially do is... mix some panko breadcrumbs with sea salt, fresh-ground pepper... hammer the piece of pork until it is nice and thin, toss it with some flour, dip it in the eggwash, and then toss it with the breadcrumb mixture.

Spray it with some cooking spray and bake at 450°F.


I've been reminded by DPLK that a dressing that goes well with this? Yay for fancy sauce.

But I'm eliminating anything that is really unnecessary.

Ingredients:
        • onion
        • cup of chicken broth
        • julienne carrot
        • 2 tbsp of white sugar
        • 4 tbsp of soy sauce
        • 1/2 tsp salt
        • beaten eggs (3-5)

So saute the onions until they're golden brown, toss in the carrots and saute that until it is soft. Pour in the broth, sugar, soy sauce, and salt. After that has come up to a boil, you can toss in the beaten eggs and watch it cook. After that, throw the cooked pork into the sauce for minute to soak up some of the sauce and eggs and serve.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

So in an effort to support the Canadian Pork Wranglers, I attempted to make Pork Katsu. The veggies I put in it were peas and seaweed, because I didn't have any other 'veggies'. It also turned into a huge pork katsu omlette thing. Whoops!

But it was WAY GOOD! Canadian Pork Wranglers and Michael and DPLK for the win!